Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: pre mattel felicity question

  1. #11
    Inactive Member kitti515's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My Felicity is also from 1994 and she's no carrot top. I've always been a bit confused by the term "bright red hair" since her hair isn't a flaming red. However, I also haven't seen any newer Felicitys in person, so I'm basically useless. Sorry...

    - Becca

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Felicity Merriman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2004
    Posts
    131
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Felicity's hair became a darker, more aburn shade after 1995. The Felicity that I have, which I recieved as an early birthday gift last month from my mom and dad, was very obviously made in or after 1995. Her hair is a very dark reddish, aburn color. This is one of the reasons I wasn't pleased with her, and am very soon going to put her on ebay. I much more perfer the copper-red hair of the earlier dolls.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member linzystar's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2005
    Posts
    167
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I actually like the darker felicity hair. I got my felicity because she looks like my mom, who has redish-brown hair and green eyes. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member beccachris's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2005
    Posts
    212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just got another PM Felicity (one for me, one for DD [img]wink.gif[/img] ) and have posted some comparison pictures of the two in my album. Pictures 30-36. Start at 36 (I couldn't figure out how to re-arrange them). I don't know if these pictures help to clarify the differences or just make it more confusing - LOL! I personally like the "brighter" red hair of the one I just got, but my DH said the one with more auburn/brown hair is "prettier".

  5. #15
    Inactive Member dolldreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2005
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    sigh, suck a roulette as to which one you get. I haven't gotten mine yet. She is pre-mattel and comes with her theater kit, craft kit, etc... When were those retired? I wish I had asked her date or to see pictures of her hair.
    I just thought that pre-mattel meant bright red hair. Now I'm finding out how much it varies.
    I forget who has the felicity doll as their avitar, but that is what I have considered RED hair for the doll, that is the color I want and am hoping to get.
    I hope if she doesn't have the red hair and can bond with her anyway.
    What year is the one in the avitar?
    And in the comparison album the felicty on the right doesn't look pre-mattel at all. Her face shape seems to be the one that is current and I thought the face shape of the pre-mattel was chubby like the one on the left.
    I guess what I am finding out is that you can't be certain of a doll unless you can examine it in person.
    I can't wait to see my lissie and see what she's like.
    I love the comparison album, it's really good for me to see the variations of the dolls.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Lissieheadshot

    My Felicity, a birthday gift in 1992.

  7. #17
    courtneysunshine
    Guest courtneysunshine's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by dolldreamer:
    I'm seeing dolls for sale on ebay that say they are pre-mattel but they have copper colored hair instead of the bright red.
    I HAD thought that all pre-mattels had the bright red hair but now and that was one of the ways I could identify them on ebay, but now I am confused again.
    And what does it mean to have a mark next to the ear? An artist mark? Is that a good thing?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">As Robin has said, the artist mark means nothing although you will have many misinformed ebay sellers say it is a Gotz mark. We personally have different aged dolls in our home from a white-bodied Molly up to a recent Marisol. None of the dolls has the mark although four of them are definitely Gotz-made. Ria has posted that soem of her brand new dolls from 2004 have the mark and Gotz is definitely not making AGs anymore. I don't think anyone actually figured out what the mark means although someone sugegsted it is a factory or a mold mark. When Gotz artists marked the dolls, they signed them on the stomach of the doll.

    I think there has also been a discussion about the body tags as well. None of our pre-Mattel dolls has a body tag, although I believe Lori posted that she had a PM doll with a tag. Just because something says 1986, though, does not mean it was made then. It could be the copyright or trademark date.

    We recently had Meg's Felicity here and we compared her to my daughter's Felciity which she received for Christmas in 2003. They are both beautiful in their own way and I don't think either one could be considered better than the other. My daughter personally likes the newer doll better and thinks she is prettier, but that could be because she has a special bond with her Felicity.

    Kim

  8. #18
    Inactive Member StarTrekCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2004
    Posts
    374
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When a Felicity doll says 1986 it only means the copyright dates...Felicity came out in 1991.
    They may have had Felicity dolls earlier than 1991 but they would not have sold them.
    I know that for a fact because when I went to AGPlace Chicago they had some proto-type Nellie's on display and I asked to buy one of those and they said I could not. (They were prettier than the Nellies they sold and I wanted one.)
    So if they had Felicity out before 1991 no one could have bought her anyway. She was not for sale until '91.
    My sisters Samantha doll says 1986 as well but she did not get her until 1994- it's only the copyright date.

    Editing back in to say:
    When I saw the Nellie's- Okay, you know how we were discussing before about PC Nellie's and AG Nellie's? (just means what the back of the neck said)
    This was in July when I went to the store, and Nellie WAS for sale at the time, but the dolls in the boxes said American Girl on the back of the neck and the ones on display said Pleasant Company on the back of the neck.
    They said I could not buy a Nellie with Pleasant Company on the neck because those were not meant for sale, they were only proto-types and were just for display purposes.
    But I called later and told them how those were so much prettier and a rep went through the warehouse for me, found one, got permission from someone to sell it to me, and I now I have her!
    Apparently all of us with Nellie's that say Pleasant Company on the neck, are not supposed to have them lol. They said by mistake some could've slipped through into regular sales. I don't know.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ April 03, 2005 02:12 PM: Message edited by: StarTrekCaptain ]</font>

  9. #19
    Inactive Member AuntBarb1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2004
    Posts
    53
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    One more question about the copyright mark on the back of Felicity's head. Does anyone know for sure if there is any significance or difference to the placement of the copyright (c in a circle) whether is's above Pleasant Company stamp or next to it?? I have no intention on bidding on any dolls but am very, very curious about this one!!

  10. #20
    Inactive Member dolldreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2005
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    poohbear, your felicity looks like she has a bright red colored hair, and she's pre-mattel, right? But a later version, which I thought tended to be more auburn.
    I just wish my lissie would get here. I just want to see her and end all my questions about whether I got the doll I wanted off ebay or not! It's so hard when you don't get to see and hold your purchase before.
    Please come tomorrow!!!! please please please!
    I have wanted her for a couple years now and finally decided, as someone else said here, 'you're never to old to have a doll'.
    But trying to find the doll of my dreams on ebay is so hard and risky!!!
    I have used all the info from here that I have gathered to try to make an informed choice and now that the choice has been made I'm nervouse, especially after finding out even more information to help determine the doll of my dreams!
    Pre-mattel, red hair (early release?) modest green eyes, these are things that I want, these are what I picture for her, except I think she should have had freckles.
    Why didn't they give her freckles? And would they cause an outrage if they re-released her with freckles?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •